We are engaged in a programme of renovation and extension to our buildings. We will keep you updated on the progress of the work on these pages.
Why are we doing this?
The present buildings have served the church well for the last 160 years, but are in need of updating to overcome their limitations and to comply with current legislation. Added to that, the church had the vision to buy a plot of land behind the church for future expansion and would like to realise that vision with the building of an extension. This would allow us to create a large flexible hall space, modern toilets and a kitchen. These changes will give the church the facilities it needs to expand the ministry of the church into the community of Laleston and beyond.
What are we doing?
The programme of changes will be in at least three phases. The first phase is now complete (started July 2011) and included the following work:
- Replace rendering on the front and one side of the existing chapel building
- Remove pews and replace with chairs, new carpet
- Remove baptistry and pulpit area
- Repaint all outside of building
The second phase is in the planning stages and includes:
- Building of the shell of the extension to the south of the chapel to create a new, large multi-use meeting room
- Extension of the side-room to make way for expanded kitchen area (part of phase 3) and also to enable a serving hatch through to the new large extension room
- Lay pipe work for connection to main sewer and for surface water handling
The third phase includes:
- Completion of fitting out and decorating inside of extension shell
- New toilet and kitchen facilities in extended side-room
- Fixtures and fittings for extension (i.e. more chairs, audio visual equipment etc.)
What can you do?
- More important than anything else, we would like you to pray with us for the ministry of Bethel Baptist Church in Laleston and Bridgend. We would ask for prayer for our leadership and members as we seek to be a faithful witness to our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- We would also ask for prayer for the successful completion of this project and for wisdom in all the decisions that need to made.
- If you feel that you would also like to support our plans financially, please get in touch.
You can use our contact page or send via normal post to:
Bethel Baptist Church